Are you searching for mailchimp help?
… or support resources to figure out how to update your address in Mailchimp? Well, you are in the right place. We will show you how exactly to do that, and give you bits of related information and trivia on the addresses maintained in this tool.
Updating Your Email Address
First we need to understand why we need to make changes.
You may need to update your From Email Address in Mailchimp for any of the following scenarios:
- If you are working with different campaigns with each campaign linked to a specific email address. All automated replies including out-of-office and subscriber emails will be forwarded to the assigned address;
- If you are expecting a high volume of emails and you want to avoid possible overflowing of one designated inbox, you can assign unique email addresses for each campaigns;
- Or if you just update your email address because you have changed domains or change from a gmail to your company email.
To update, follow the steps below:
- Open the campaign list that you need the edit and then go to Settings
- Select from the Drop down list, then choose List names and defaults
- Go to Default email address box and change to the desired address
- Click Save List and Campaign defaults.
Editing Physical Address
Mailchimp requires a valid physical postal address to comply with the CAN-SPAM Act. If you fail to comply with this, you may be fined for direct violation of this law. If you do not have a physical business address that you can share in your newsletter, you may need to purchase your own P.O. Box for this purpose.
To edit the Primary Physical Address:
- Go to Account Information on the upper right hand side of the screen and then select Account
- Next, choose Settings menu and then go to Contact Information
- On the next interface, you will see Primary Account Info which serves as the default details in all your campaign notifications. To edit, click on the button Edit Contact Information and you should be able to fill in the correct or updated address.
In certain cases you may also want to change the default physical address in some of your campaigns. To do this, follow steps 1 to 2 above and then instead of going to Primary Account Info, scroll down on the bottom of the page to see the List in your account. Chose the list that you want to edit and then click Edit List Information.
You can also watch this video for a step by step visual on how to do the steps as discussed above.
Leave a comment for us below if you have any questions or how this has helped you.
To learn more about Mailchimp, you can check out our our Systems Starter Academy course here